Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Back to pavilion in another two days

So finally I will be back to pavilion very soon.
It has been a first trip to UK for me and I have mixed experiences during my assignment here.
This assignment has proved to be a little more challenging for me than other assignments I have completed at onsite. To start with I was sent on a role for which I wasn't 100% sure what my resposibilities are. Officially I have been assigned a role of 'transition manager' :). However after arriving at client's site it turned out to much more than that.
To add to the complexity of the things one of the key resources resigned and there you go, I am there in the focus of all managers. My role again changed and while earlier I was managing knowledge transition, now I found myself taking the tranition from the person who has resigned.
Then the real game started, daily 5/6 conference calls with offshore/onsite managers, team meetings, client meetings etc etc...and how the days passed by I don't know.
After doing all the firefights, I am atleast satisfied with what I have achieved here and moreover what I have learned here. Now I know how challenging a management job is ;).
Returning back to India is always a good feeling. Just waiting for the coming Saturday when I see myself flying on Emirates Airlines flight to Mumbai Via Dubai.

2 comments:

maverick said...

Hmmm...you see manager's job is not that easy ;-) But good to know that at the early stage in career you got a chance to play such role :-)

Savithri said...

bhai ... i guess one onsite experience that will be hard to forget .... ;)